ICTA Staff Recruitment & Selection Consultancy Tender
PROVISION OF CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR STAFF RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION. TENDER NO. ICTA/RFP/03/2017-2018
The Information and Communication Technology Authority (ICTA) is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Information Communication and Technology. The corporation was established in August 2013. The Authority is tasked with rationalising and streamlining the management of all Government of Kenya ICT functions. Our broad mandate entails enforcing ICT standards in Government and enhancing the supervision of its electronic communication. We also promote ICT literacy, capacity, innovation and enterprise in line with the Kenya National ICT Masterplan 2017.
The ICTA now invites Expression of Interest from eligible Consultancy Firms to provide HR staff recruitment and selection in the most transparent, cost-effective and efficient method.
- Scope of the Assignment
The selected firm shall perform the following tasks:-
- Get a brief from the ICT Authority Management on the job profile and guidelines for selection of a suitable candidate.
- Advertise for the position in a National newspaper with wide circulation as well as on the firm’s website.
- Receive all applications using a secure online system, screen them for those that meet the minimum criteria and prepare a long list.
- Prepare a list of shortlisted candidates and present a detailed report to the Authority.
- Conduct in-depth interviews of shortlisted candidates using processes and resources that are suitable for senior executive recruitment to develop a top 6 list of candidates.
- Provide the Authority with a detailed report on each candidate which includes the salary (past, present & expected), availability and other details as per the agreed criteria.
- Facilitate the final interviews by the Board of Directors including providing an appropriate interview location as well as secretarial services.
- Perform due diligence on the final 3 candidates selected by the Board as per their direction and prepare a final report.
Interested eligible Consultancy Firms must meet the following minimum criteria:-
- Firm should be a corporate body incorporated in Kenya with a clear organizational structure and adequate leadership structures to ensure effective corporate governance practices
- Detailed company profile and physical address
- Compliance with statutory requirements (Attach copies of VAT, PIN, Tax Compliance Certificates,
- Certification of Incorporation/ Registration CR12 and Current Business Permit)
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking executive level recruitment in the Public Sector in the last 3 years
- Evidence of financial capability in carrying out the assignment (please attach complete set of Audited Accounts for the last 3 years (2015, 2016 and 2017).
- Experience in multi-disciplinary consulting in Kenya in the fields of HR, Leadership, Organizational Structuring/Restructuring, Strategy, ICT, Governance and Risk Management Must attach reference letters from at least five (5) reputable clients for recruitment and selection for at least 3 years.
- Possess secure, robust and efficient ICT systems for use in executive level recruitment and selection assignments.
- Demonstrated use of quality management systems and adherence to local and international standards in their operations
- In-depth knowledge of Government of Kenya operations including the laws, rules and regulations pertaining to Human Resources
- Must have skilled and professional staff (attach copies of CVs).
Shortlisted firms will be issued with a Request for Proposal (RFP) document with terms of reference. Complete expression of interest documents (one (1) original, two (2)hard and one (1) soft copies) in plain sealed envelopes clearly marked on top with Title and Tender No. should be addressed to:-
THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
12th Floor Telposta Towers- Kenyatta Avenue
P.O. BOX 27150 – 00100,
and deposited in the ‘TENDER BOX’ located on 12th Floor, Teleposta Towers, Kenyatta Avenue Entrance so as to be received on or before 3rd July 2018, at 10.00am. The Expression of Interests will be opened immediately thereafter in the presence of Consultancy Firms who expressed their interests or representatives at ICT Authority, Teleposta Towers, 12th Floor, Main Boardroom.
Further information may be obtained from the Procurement Department, 12th Floor, Teleposta Towers, between 8.00am and 5.00pm during official working hours.