Kaimosi Friends University College Deputy Finance Officer Job
Kaimosi Friends University College (KAFUCO) is a Constituent College of Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology located in Vihiga County. KAFUCO aims to fulfill its Vision of being a center of Academic Excellence, Innovation and Holistic Development. The University College invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of Deputy Finance Officer Grade XIV.
a) Reporting to the Deputy Principal (Finance and Development) the applicant should have the following requirements:
- A Bachelor degree in Commerce ,Accounting, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics or any other Business related courses from a recognized University and
- A master’s degree in Finance/ Accounting, Business Administration/Management from a recognized university
- Be holder of CPA (K) or equivalent.
- Be registered member with ICPAK, ACCA or any other relevant professional body.
- Must have proven knowledge and work experience in a Computerized Accounting System applied in Public Sector Accounting.
- Be familiar with all aspects of Financial Management, such as Budgeting, Project Accounting, Student Finance, Fixed Asset Management and Financial Reporting.
- Must have at least 7 years relevant work experience and served for at least 3 years at the level of Chief Accountant/Senior Accountant Grade 13 or comparable position in an institution of higher learning or public/private organization of a comparable nature.
- Must meet the requirements of chapter 6 (six) of the Constitution.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and liaison in the Finance Department
- Ensure computerization of accounting system.
- Expedite revenue management
- Safeguard application of sound principles, systems and techniques in accounting for finances, assets, revenue, expenditure and costs.
- Guarantee proper management of donor, programmes and projects funds.
- Ensure application of international public sector accounting standards in accounting for university college finances, assets, revenue, expenditure and costs.
- Facilitate Preparation of financial statements and quarterly reports in compliance with Public Finance Management Act (2015).
- Facilitation of preparation of periodic cash flow requirements and management of the treasury function.
- Offer advisory services to council and university college management board on investment proposals.
- b) How to Apply
Each Applicant should submit One (1) copy(hard and soft) of the letter of application, updated and detailed curriculum vitae showing work experience, present post and salary, applicant’s telephone number and email address, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, National identification Card, testimonials and other relevant supporting documents. The applicant should request three (3) referees to directly forward reports on their suitability to the undersigned. Applicants must also submit or show evidence of the following: Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC), Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigation Department (CID) and Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
Application and testimonial from referees should reach the undersigned not later than Thursday 24th May 2018.
The Deputy Principal (F&D)
Kaimosi Friends University College,
P.0 Box 385-50309,
Kaimosi E-mail: email@example.com
KAFUCO is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and gender equality therefore encourages qualified persons living with disability, women and those from marginalized areas to apply. .